Friday, July 17, 2009

DB Post Friday 7/17/2009

At 0653, from Makai Pier, I found M&M and pup at the left end of the Middle Cliff , approximately 80 ft right of 2BS (D#22). This marks the very first time that the duo has moved from the birth site at 3BS. They were still there when I got back to Makai Pier at 1300, and doing a feed.

On my Spitting Cave check at 0720, I had an U/U with red tags pop up to the right of the big rock, and swimming in a purposeful manner. moving from left to right. It was a single up, and I had no time for an ID. My guess is Buster, and RIP is a possibility also. I was hoping that the Rabbit Island cast would provide the answer, but alas neither were at RI today. Maybe tomorrow ??????????

This was D#12 of the Irma Quest. I did a SW quadrant run, checking from Ewa Beach to Campbell Industrial Park. I met the the Billands at CIP, and they did all the walking (Thank You !!). Nobody was found.

I got back to MP at 1300, to find M&M and pup at LMC, and doing a feed. At 1346 I found Duke rolling in the shore break at 3BS. He would finally haul out 100 ft right of 3BS at 1425, and remained there the rest of the day.

Colleen Heyer called from Diamond Head at 1449, to report Rocky below the 2nd Lookout. Welcome home Colleen, Rocky and I missed you A LOT ! Rachel performed above and beyond the call, in your absence !!

No comments: