Monday, July 11, 2016

7/11/2016 DB's Dailies: Kala,UU,Aukai&Cass@Rabbit Island, Kaiwi&PO4@AD, Nihoa,PO3&RK36@Mokuleia, RI37&Holokai@Turtle Bay, Pohaku&PK3@Kauai,

At 0905 I found Kala (RH76), in the company of what would remain an U/U out on the left end rock flats. The Unknown appeared to be on the smallish side, but I just could not see enough to make a call.

 Also at 0905 I found Aukai (RL12) and Cass (RG06) up in the Morning Glory, but both would later move down. The surprise of the day for me was seeing that Aukai has begun her molt (10%). I’ve been so keyed on seeing her N12 bleach, that I didn’t pay attention to her ventral side. She molted last year in early August. I’d guess she is a day or two into it already.

 On Marilyn’s 0530 check, Kaiwi&PO4(D#26) were in a tide pool. I’ve heard nothing further. 

Mahalos to Diane G., for her shots at Mokuleia of Nihoa (R912)&PO3, as well as RK36 down the beach a bit. She also sent shots of RI37&Holokai (RG40) at Turtle Bay.

 Mahalos to our pal Val for today’s update on Pohaku (RO28)&PK3.

 Cass and Aukai
 UU and Kala
Holokai and RI37
 Holokai
 Nihoa and PO3
 Looks like we have something to say
RK36 in the neighborhood
Pohaku and PK3 
 thank you Val .. we love our Kauai updates

No comments: