Friday, April 5, 2013

4-5-2013 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup,RK36,Kolohe@Nani@RI, Irma@SC, R912@Keaau's, Pohaku@Guard Rails, Ewa Girl@WSK, M&M@WP, Kermit@KR, RI37@Waialua, Benny@Makaha

The Rabbit Island cast for today began at 0652 with Sadie&Pup (D#23) in the Morning Glory, left of 1BS, doing a feed. They would do a couple of swim sessions and multiple feeds through the day. The most noteworthy thing about today was seeing that the pup has begun the change to the transitional "red" phase, with the black coat beginning to have a rusty red tinge to it. The belly was somewhat lighter, but NO.... I could not make a determination on the sex yet.

 At 0706 I found what would prove to be RK36 at the back of Rocky Right Beach, on RI. He would move down behind the water front rocks at 1000 and I did not see him again after that. He may well still be there or may have departed.

 At 1141 I did my mid day recheck of the SE quadrant, and found what I thought was Buster at Spitting Cave. The mid day glare was so horrendous I couldn't make out anything. To my total shock and awe when looked at my shots I discovered that it was , in fact, Irma (R010).

 When I got back to Makai Pier at 1314 I found that Kolohe (RW22) and Nani (RK60) had hauled out together to the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach.

 At 0711 Team Billand checked in with the report of R912 just past Keaau's .

 At 0750 they found Pohaku (RO28) at Guard Rails Beach, Maili.

 At 0836 the Billands found Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.

 At 0905 they reported M&M (R020) fronting #1707 , White Plains.

 At 0926 Team Billand found Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef. Vera would advise that Kermit relocated to #1811, Nimitz Cottages at 1400, according to the Billands.

 Dera called at 1150 with the report of RI37 at Aweoweo Beach Park, Waialua.

 At 1204 Team Billand called with the report of Benny (RE74) at Makaha.

 On a YouTube check I found this Monk Seal Foundation footage. Enjoy!!

 sadie and pup
 RK36 on Rabbit Island
 Irma at spitting cave.... maybe she looking for her baby girl Kaiwi?
 RI37 @ Waialua
 MM @ white plains
 Pohaku at guard rails
 R912 @ Keaau Beach
 Ewa Girl at Wind Sock - look at this beautiful creature!
 Kermit at Kermit's Reef
 Benny at Makaha

No comments: