Thursday, April 25, 2013

4-25-2013 DB's Dailies


On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0635 I found Kainoa floppin' & flappin' in the off shore waters at the left end of the island. Through the morning I would only get occasional glimpses of him amongst the shallows rocks at the left end. He would finally haul out for a snooze at 1134. He was still snoozin' when I departed the pier at 1300, on the Irma quest.

Gayle called at 0725 to advise that Kaiwi (RK96) was at her usual hideout at Lanai Lookout. Kimo would check in during the afternoon, and advised that Kaiwi was still there.

At 0826 I found Nani (RK60), 60 ft right of 3BS, on RI. She would remain there all day, with company.

On a pan at 0904 I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) as far out on the right end of RI as is possible to be. A mere 50 ft or so from the Rabbit's nose. He has been out on the right end flats a lot of late so I've actually been looking for him out there each day. He would depart with the rising tide at 1204. I did not see him again today.

At 0927 I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12) just hauling out 80 ft right of 3BS. He would later move over to join Nani. I last saw Duke on 3-24-13, on RI. Since then he has been hangin' out with Diane on Molokai. It was nice to see his N18 bleach, back on RI again . Welcome home Duke !

I'd put in many a mile on the Irma Quest today, as usual, and was battin' zero until....... Jack (At The Bay) called at 1444 to advise that Irma was newly arrived 2/3rd of the way to the right end of Hanauma Bay. 
When I arrived at 1500 I confirmed the Irma (R010) ID. We cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day. She was still there at closing time (1800). She will begin my day in the morning.

Team Billand called at 0730 with word of Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.

At 0812 they reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove. Dana would call at 1607 to advise that Pohaku had departed.
The Billands found RIP (RR70) at the fence line, White Plains , at 0859. They reported that a throw netter was being a pain for most of the day, at RIP's location.

At 1159 Team Billand advised that M&M (R020) had hauled out fronting LG tower#1. They also advised that RIP had relocated to #1708 .

 Irma  
 Kaiwi with some donkeys!
 sweet little Kaiwi

1 comment:

Tammy Whisler said...

I still love seeing all of the pics and reading the articles. Thanks, Donna and D.B