Sunday, April 28, 2013

4-28-2013 DB's Dailies


At 0639, from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12) just hauling out at the left end of Rabbit Island. When I got to Makai Pier at 0646 I found that Duke was in the company of what would prove to be Nani (RK60) on the far left end of the beach at RI. Both would remain there all day, however each would move down amongst the rocks, only to reappear with the rising tide.

At 0852 I found Kainoa just hauling out to the water front rocks , 60 ft left of 2BS. Since the other two critters were in the area that Kainoa has been using, I guess it was necessary for him to find some new space. With this early haul out I thought I was really going to score some shots, but alas, all he ever showed my was his butt. He was gone from my line of sight at 1143. I did not see him again today.

At 0650 Kimo called with the report of RK36 at Spitting Cave.

At 0823 he reported that Kaiwi (RK96) had arrived to join RK36. He would report that Kaiwi departed at around 1050. RK36 remained. I saw him on a SC, checking a call from Canadian posse member Darlene at around 1400 .

At 0741 Team Billand reported RIP (RR70) at #1708, White Plains. They would report his departure at 1117. They would report his haul out to the Fire Surf School, at Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 1215.

At 1500 the Billands would report Haupu (RB24) at Nanakuli. She had last been reported on 4-15-13 back on Kauai, but it looks like she is back.
At 1521 the Billands called to say they responding to a call about an animal hauling out at Paradise Cove. They confirmed the Benny (RE74) ID at 1539.

Molokai Di called twice from the back of beyond, on Molokai. At 1148 she reported Noa (R6FI), and at 1209, Mojo (RI17) on Molokai. Tanx Eh !!

 noa on Molokai
 Kaiwi and RK36 kids playing 
 so great they're playing together.... at least i hope their playing :-)
 Kaiwi bottom's up
 RK36 

No comments: