Monday, October 8, 2012

10-8-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0550 I found Kimo and Irma waiting for me at Sandy Beach. Irma (R010) had overnighted , and apparently so had Duke, so I redid the Irma rope.

As I was doing that at 0601 I saw what I presumed to be Duke, departing, 150 ft further east, at last night's location . Based his the departure direction and the angle at which the the animal departed to the west, I firmly believe that it was Buster, but you will understand my hesitancy in a second
.
At 0751 posse member Angela called to report that an animal was trying to haul out at the east end of Sandy Beach, near the sewer outfall. I "assumed" that it was Buster again, but when I got there Angela advised that the adoring hordes had been at the water line, and would not allow the poor animal to haul out, and it departed. Based on Angela's description of the arrival, travel and behavior I thought again that this might not be Buster.

Fast forward to 0918. Benny (RE74) hauled out to join Irma at Sandy Beach. I think we have our earlier visitor. Benny would remain until Irma made her point, and he departed to the east at 1012.

I'd found nobody at Rabbit Island on my first look, but on my recheck at 1013 , from the Makapuu Overview, only I found Duke (RA12), Kolohe (RW22), and Aukai (RL12), all together on the back side of the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach, on RI.

Team Billand would check in at 0657 with the report of M&M (R020) between the showers and T#1 at White Plains, D#24.

Dana checked in at 1000 to advise that volunteer Hannah, on Mokuleia duty, had not located RL42, or R912. Dana would call at 1809 to advise that R912 had been seen at Ka'ena Point.
At 1136 Cianna called to advise of an animal at Magic Island. Dana would call to confirm the Rocky (RH58) ID at 1349. Thank you Loraine for the photo. While the office may not accept it as ID, it satisfies the DUH ? requirment for me.

At 1245 reported a call on an animal at Laniakea on the North Shore. When a volunteer arrived the animal was gone. No further word.

At 1350 Cianna reported an animal in Makaha. Team Billand would confirm the Pohaku (RO28) ID, at Aki's Beach, at 1422. The Billands report, and photos uncaring people just didn' give a damn what they had to say. DOCARE Officers were call, but as usual it took a while to for them to get there.

Karen Rohter was with R5AY& Pup at Turtle Bay today. She reported the usual pickering between Mom and kid.

Irma and Benny - talking out of the side of their muzzles
Irma and Bad boy Benny - 
Well Benny might be a little late this year... but the seal saga continues
Last week Kermit and MM and now Irma and Benny. 
R5AY and Pup
MM leaving her life guard post
Holdiay weekend at white plains
some day... someone will get the crap scared out of them when one the seals decides enough is enough
shore line buddies

4 comments:

Visitor chairs said...

This is so cool. I am such a huge fan of their work. I really am impressed with how much you have worked to make this website so enjoyable.

Heide Weber said...

I was on Laniakea from 10-1:30 yesterday watching the honu. I barely took my eyes off the water as there were no turtles on the beach but plenty swimming around. I never saw a seal there. Surfers-check, honu-check, snorkelers-check, seal...nope.

office furniture in pune said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
office furniture in pune said...

It is a well executed post. I like the diagram most. It is a helpful informative post. Thanks for sharing this great information.