Monday, October 22, 2012

10-22-2012 DB Dailies: Aukai&Nani@RI, Irma@HB, Kaiwi&Buster@SC,R912,Kerby,Noa,Ka'ena&RL42@KP, Ewa Girl@RR, U/U@Kahala

I was battin' zero until a call from Martha, at Hanauma Bay, at 0834 (followed quickly by a call from Jack at the Bay), reporting an animal lolling in the shallows. When I arrived at 0848 I found Irma (R010) newly arrived on the beach. Jack , Lincoln and I got her cordoned off, and she remained all day. I picked up the stuff at 1800, (Hanauma Bay closing). Irma had the place all to herself. Irma had last snorkeled at HB on 7-6-12.

At 0955 I found Aukai (RL12) just hauling out at 1BS on Rabbit Island. She would reenter the water at 1045 and haul out again to Seal Rock Inlet at 1103 where she remained the rest of the day.

At 1210 Nani (RK60) hauled out 100 ft left of 1BS. She would remain there the rest of the day.

I'd found nobody at Spitting Cave on my morning check, but upon arrival for round #2 at 1412 I found Kaiwi (RK96) and Buster (RV08) playing together at the ladder, and moving to the cave, and on to the right side of the big rock. I'd last seen Kaiwi one week ago today on Rabbit Island. I must admit I'd been stressin' about her whereabouts.

Cianna called at around 1430 with the report of Ewa Girl (still with transmitter) at the Reef Runway.

Cianna called again at 1755 with the report of an U/U in Kahala. Dana called at 1825 to advise that Karen Rohter had gotten the Rocky (RH58) ID.

Kimo Smith did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and reported (and photographed) RL42 and Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08), D#2 molt 10%, Noa R6FI, and R912 at the end of the world. Thank you Kimo, Ya' Done Good !!!



Irma @ Hanama Bay
Kaiwi and Buster... too cute
Buster is a great care taker
Rocky @ Kahala - Thank you Karen Rohter
Glad these people were respectful and put their dogs on leashes. Word is there are lots of dogs who run around the area... lets' hope Rocky departs before they come a calling. ROCKY go see Colleen!
Ka'ena and RL42
Nice shots Kimo - thank you
Nice water shots
Kerby singing opera
Noa
R912 - great shot - would make a great PR poster with a little photo shop.

No comments: