Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Nani,Kolohe&Duke@RI, Irma@IR&SB, Kaiwi@HB&LL, Ewa Girl@WSK, M&M,Benny@WP, KC@MCBH


Thank You Irma! When I got to Makapuu Beach at 0550 I found only wallow. Irma was not there.

At 0605 I found Irma (R010) snoozin' at Irma's, 300 ft east of the Kealahou light. I cordoned her off and continued the adventure. When I got back to check on her at 0916, Irma was gone. After picking up the equipment the Irma Quest began anew.

At 0938 I found Irma in the shallows of Kaiwi Kove, Sandy Beach. She would actually haul out at 0950, and I cordoned her off. She has remained the rest of the day.
At 0702 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) and Nani (RK60) just hauling out to 1BS on Rabbit Island.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1118 I found that Aukai (RL12) had joined Kolohe and Nani. I also found Duke (RA12) by himself on the far left end of the beach. All would remain there the rest of the day.

At 1228 Martha called from Hanauma Bay reporting an animal at Toilet Bowl. She had gotten a call from Ranger Marlon, who had found the animal. Marlon met me in the parking lot at 1235 and we 4 wheeled it down to TBL. We arrived at 1240 to find 2 lifeguards, in the Toilet Bowl, having arrived via rescue board. They advised that the animal had departed when they paddled in. Marlon had given a description of what I believed to be Kaiwi.

After leaving HB I proceed directly to Lanai Lookout and at 1302 I found Kaiwi (RK96) just hauling out.
At 0700 the Billands found M&M (R010) fronting #1707 White Plains.

Team Billand called at 0755 with the report of Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.

At 1350 they would call with the report that Benny (RE74) had now joined M&M at WP.

Karen Bryan called at 1711 with the report of a molting KC (RK28) at MCBH. She appears to have been at it a day or two already. In case anyone was wondering, KC has begun her molt. DB left out a wee piece of info. 

 Irma @ Kaiwi Cove
 speaking of here's Kaiwi
KC at MCBH beginning her molt 
 KC and the sunshine band.... do a little dance :-)
 
 Benny and MM @ white plains 
 Listen, you and me - forget about Kermit and Irma
 We can make beautiful music together -  background sound "do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight"
 Ewa Girl 
 The Grand Dame has been linked up
 Wonder if she'll tweet us. LOL  can you imagine?

No comments: