Saturday, October 6, 2012

10-6-2012 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi,Aukai,Duke&Kolohe@RI, Irma@SB, Pohaku@GR, M&M@WP, Ewa Girl@WSK, R912&RL42@Mokuleia, Noa&Ka'ena@KP


At 0540 I found that Irma (R010) had overnighted at Sandy Beach. I redid the cordon. She would depart at 0620.

At 1107 lifeguard posse member Billy, would call with the report of an animal hauling out to the same location. When I arrived at 1114 I found Irma. I redid the cordon and she has remained the rest of the afternoon. I picked up the ropes for both Irma and Buster, at dark. Both still remain.

At 0828 I stopped by Lanai Lookout for a Kaiwi/Buster check, and ran into 3 divers just exiting the water. They reported having just seen "N21" (Buster RV08) at the mouth of the inlet where Kaiwi hangs out.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0911 I found Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12) and Aukai (RL12), and to my shock and awe, Kaiwi (RK96) at Rocky Right Beach. Aukai was by herself, while Kaiwi was with the boyz, They would all remain all day. This is Kaiwi's 4th observed adventure at RI.

Team Billand checked in at 0655 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Guard Rails Beach, Maili.

At 0740 they found M&M (R020), on D#22 of her White Plains stay, once again at the showers on a typical Zoo Saturday at WP.

The Billands called again at 1022 with the report of Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.

Marilyn called at 0831 to advise that she was with a D#2 molting R912 at the right end of the birth beach, Mokuleia. At 0834 she advised that she had just lucked on to a well hidden RL42 at the left end of the birth beach.

Marilyn arrived at Ka'ena Point at 1035 and reported Noa (R6FI) at "the runway" , and Ka'ena (RO40) to the Mokuleia side of the runway.

A posse member called at 1507 to report another seal hauling out to Sandy Beach, at a separate location from Irma. When I arrived at 1514 I found Buster (RV08) approximately 150 ft east of the Irma cordon. I roped him off and he has remained the rest of the afternoon. There was no interaction with Irma.

 Irma looking purdy
Shake and bake Buster  
 
 R5AY and Pup -  look like the kid is smiling
 Great pictures Ken.... extremely expressive
R912 starting her molt 
 RL42
 I am a rock... I am a diamond!
 noooo I am cute!
 Ka'ena
 Noa

No comments: