Friday, October 26, 2012

10-26-2012 DB's Dailies:


I was on the road dark and early as usual, but didn't see my first critter until 0902. I found Duke (RA12) snoozin' on the water front rocks at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island.

At 0923, Aukai (RL12) would barely come into view with Duke, but both would move down, and out of sight almost immediately. Later in the afternoon I found find that Aukai had remained at that location.

At 0947, once again by sheer luck on a routine check , I found Irma (R010) newly hauled out to Makapuu Beach. I got her cordoned off and she has remained the rest of the day. Irma departed at 1830. I picked up the stuff and called it a day. DB I got your "hello" thank you. Also glad my friend got to meet you and Irma.

At 1020 I decided that I would go to Sandy Beach, and attempt to be there when Buster did his usual 1030 haul out. Just as though I had the vaguest clue what I was doing, sure enough at 1028 here comes Buster (RV08) swimming down the beach front to the usual spot at the far east end of SB. But.... he didn't haul out. He just came...looked and left, headed east. I stuck around, but at 1045 I noticed people behaving oddly down at Crappy Cove, so I went there. They had in fact been visited by Buster, but he never hauled out, and continued east. I stayed at SB until 1130 but there were no further sightings.
When I got back to Makai Pier at 1157 I found that Duke had moved to the left end rock flats of Rabbit Island, and was in the company of Kaiwi (RK96), and Kolohe (RW22), all in a tight little group.

At 1248 Buster join the gang. There was minimal interaction and at 1254 he rolled back in the water. He would haul out again down at Seal Rock Inlet to join Aukai, at 1302. Again there was minimal interaction, with both going to snooze mode soon after his arrival.
Dera called at 0850 to advise that RI37 had been reported (by tag number) at Camp Mokuleia.
Team Billand called at 0920 with the report of M&M (R020) fronting #1944, White Plains. She would be gone on their 1323 check.

At 1323 the Billands reported Benny (RE74) fronting #1706 White Plains.

Photos arrived today from Zeeny's trek to the end of the world yesterday. She found RIP (RR70) , Ka'ena (RO40), Noa (R6FI), and 50% molted Kerby (RW08), R912, and RL42 at Ka'ena Point.

 Irma 
 Buster 
  Aukai and Buster
 Ka'ena
 Kerby
 Noa
 R912
 Mr. Rip

No comments: