Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10-16-2012 DB's Dailies: Aukai,Duke,Nani@RI, Irma&Buster@SB, RL54&La'akea@TB, Right Spot@Sunset, M&M@WP, RI37@Laie, R912@Mokuleia


At 0555 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me at Sandy Beach. I cordoned her off and rechecked her throughout the day. Irma departed of her own volition at 1737.

At 0804 posse member Teri called to advise that Buster (RV08) was just hauling out to Sandy Beach, at a separated location from Irma. When I arrived I confirmed the Buster ID and cordoned him off. He too has remained the rest of the day. Buster departed of his own volition at 1819.

On my initial look at Rabbit Island I'd found nobody, but upon my return at 1000 I found DLNR personnel headed for RI, for a Wedge Tail Shearwater count. I asked the leader , ,my pal Amarisa Marie to get tag numbers on any critters on RI today. and she was kind enough to do so.

At 1000 I found Duke (RA12) just moving down from behind the Morning Glory and sand dune, 40 ft left of 1BS. He would move down to the beach front incline to cool off. At 1015 Nani (RK60) would raise her head from the same location , and she too began to move down.

Ate 1050 Aukai (RL12) hauled out , and joined Duke at the water line. They would entered the water together for a swim/play session at 1059.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1211 I found that Duke and Nani were now on the beach front incline together, 40 ft left of 1BS.

I also saw 2 U/U, at the far back of the Waimanalo side of Left Point Beach. They immediately entered the water together and I only got glimpses of them after that. I was never able to get IDs on either of them .
Team Billand called at 0806 to report M&M (R020) fronting 1706, White Plains. She would depart at 1610.

At 0947 Dana would call with the report of Right Spot (R016) at Sunset. Fortunately, Vera was nearby and stopped by. Awaiting further word.

At 1056 Dana called again to report that RI37 was once again behind Azlina's house in Laie. Thank you Azlina for the shots .

Lesley called at 1312 to advise that P03 had been tagged today. She is now officially RL54/55 (57). She has two tags in her right flipper (55/57), making her our only 3 tagged animal.

Kimo called at 1514 to advise that R912 was to the right of the KP parking lot in Mokuleia. Despite lots of looking no RL42 was found.

Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Pokai Bay at 1730.

Irma at Sandy's
 Buster 
  Buster relaxing 
  















1 comment:

Heide W said...

Why three tags on "The Seal Formerly Known as PO3?"