Thursday, October 18, 2012

10-18-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0710 I found Irma (R010) at the far right end of Makapuu Beach. She was probably there on my earlier check, but hidden by the large rock she was behind. I cordoned her off and she remained all day. She was there on my 1700 check, but gone when I went to pick up the stuff at dark.

At 1022 I found Duke (RA12) and what would prove to be Aukai (RL12) just hauling out together at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. Duke would depart and haul out to Left Point Beach, but Aukai remained at this location until her departure at 1615.
When I got back to Makai Pier for my 1202 check I found that Duke had been joined at LPB, but Nani (RK60) and what I'll have to carry as an U/M with a new coat, and 2 red tags. I'm reasonably sure that it was probably Kolohe, but I can't prove it, so U/M. Nani's D#7 molt is 60%.

Dera called at 1214 with the report of an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1223 I found Buster (RV08). I cordoned him off, and he remained until departing of his own volition at 1630.
Team Billand called at 0713 with the report of M&M (R020) fronting 1708, White Plains. She would be joined by Benny (RE74) at 1055, but he departed only return again at 1557.

At 0757 Dana called with the report of an animal at at Turtle Bay. She called again at 1707 to confirm the Right Spot (R016) ID.

At 1422 the Billands found Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

Zeeny called at 1205 with a report on today's adventure. She found R912, 700 meters KP side of the Mokuleia KP parking lot, and then continued on to Ka'ena Point. To the Mokuleia side of "the runway" she found RL42 in the company of Ka'ena (RO40). At the point she found Noa (R6FI) and an U/M. Awaiting photos. Hopefully the U/M will be identifiable. The RL42 find will, I'm sure, easy a lot of minds.

 Never get tired of this shot.... endangered Hawaiian monk seal in the foreground... and 
Rabbit Island in the background 
  Buster boy!
 Benny and MM at white plains
 MM ain't having it.
 Benny retreats
 Pohaku @ Electric Beach 

No comments: