Saturday, February 5, 2011

2-4-11 DB Dailies

Once again, the first order of business, at 0615 was to check Kaupo Beach Park. Right Spot was no longer there. I did not see her today, so maybe she is headed to Molokai . Only Right Spot knows.

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust, however when I got back to the Makapuu Overview at 0923 I found what would prove to be Mojo, Sadie & Kolohe all in a line , on the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach. Checks from Kaupo Beach Park , and Makai Pier showed that they were only visible from the Makapuu Overview. On my 1230 check I found that Kolohe had relocated to a spot , 100 ft right of 3BS. All remained at RI the entire day.

A Dera call at 1243 advised that an unknown posse member that I had given a card, had called to report
"T25" at AD's. When I arrived at 1248 I found Makana (T24/25), on the rocks , 300 yds east of the AD's wall. This is his usual location for AD's haul outs. He had not been there on my 0915 check. I'd last seen the boy at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island on 1-28-11. His last AD's visit was on 1-19-11. I had allowed myself to think that perhaps he had moved on, though I've checked the usual spots everyday. Obviously, he is still in the area. He was lookin' just as warm and fuzzy as usual.

Team Billand called at 0856 with the report of RO28 at her usual spot at Maili Pt.  At 1008 they found
Kermit fronting #1813 at Nimitz Cottages.

At 1458 they called with the report of R018, just hauling out to the east end fence line at White Plains. This is his first ever WP visit. Just what we need......another White Plains animal !

Many have asked if there was any word on RI37 today. I'm happy to report that I just got a call from Dera, at 1751 advising that RI37 had just been reported on the beach in Mokuleia, behind the Polo Field. 

Team Billand checked in a 1759 to advise that Rocky hauled out to Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz jetty

 Makana
 Definately warm and fuzzy
 Looks like the teeth imprints are perminent

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This kid is certainly a lovable character. Great photos, showing how cute and little he really is. I would love to spend a day with him and just observe his behaviors and just hang out. Nothing like being with a little seal like Makana. I think he'd fit on my lap...he he he.