Sunday, February 13, 2011

2-13-2011 Dana Updates on Kaaawa Activies

Just wanted to recap today's events and volunteers for you:

Irene Thofanis (of the Shrimp Shack) called about 8:30 with the report of a seal in Kaawa, just North of her place. Doniel Bowers went out and found KC up under a Hau bush snoring like a bandsaw. She said it was incredibly funny. She got her roped off and the Shrimp Shack truck stayed there to mark the spot for volunteers. Kelly Evans arrived around 10:30 and called me around 4:15 with KC's departure. KC had found a really got spot to sleep it off and sounds like she got quite a rest.

Kermit and at this point U/U were found by Jim Brown when he went to do his shift at Nimitz Beach Jetty.

Doniel called back later with a report of an Eagle Ray, very large one, found deceased on the beach. I called DOCARE (someone was there) and they got in touch with UH for pick up. Doniel had some help getting the carcass pulled out of the incoming tide and as of now, I'm not sure what the final outcome was.

Awaiting pictures from Kelly, but nothing from her yet. ( I will post when they come in ~da blog lady)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDjSm52z628

Click on link to view video and pass on to someone who can follow up and talk with this idiot.

Donna said...

thanks for the heads up... wish the seal got to bite him... will let the powers that be know...

Wish we knew where the video was taken?

Anonymous said...

I'd seen the footage a few days ago. It has been passed on to the office. It was apparently shot on Kauai. DB

Barbara said...

Oh you think you are so funny and cool disturbing this wonderful, innocent, sleeping seal. You are lucky to have your face in tact!!!!

I hope the Feds get you....you are not a nice man, picking on an Endangered, Protected Hawaiian Monk Seal. Shame on you Mr....Shame on you. BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelly girl said...

I was wondering if you were able to upload the pictures I had sent in of KC? I sent them in late Sunday night. If you are having problems with them let me know and I'll try and fix them. You are doing such a great job with the blog. I love all of the great pictures. My camera is not the best but I hope the pictures come thru:)