Sunday, February 20, 2011

2-20-11 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island , from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Mojo , up in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet.  When I got down to Makai Pier at 0729 I could see what would turn out to be RIP and Kolohe up in the grass, 60 ft left of 3BS.  When I got back to Makai Pier at 0837 I found that Mojo and moved down to cool off, and Duke was just hauling out to join him.

RIP would move down at 0956 and Kolohe followed at 1015. They would both enter the water 1302. At 1308 Kolohe hauled out alone to the same location. RIP would haul out to join Duke and Mojo at 1332.

Team Billand found Irma at the showers at White Plains at 0810. She would depart at 1455.  They found Kermit fronting the #1813 pavillion at 0935. He would be the guest of honor at a Biker party but somehow survived the experience. The music was so loud that I could hear it at the pier. Everytime I talked to Barbara it was blaring. Team Billand reported that everyone was cool.

At 1125 Barbara called to say that she had followed an animal who in the water at WP, and ultimately hauled out to "Al's Bench" at Kalaeloa Campgrounds. It would prove to be 2AW.

Mojo, Duke and RIP
Irma @ white plains showers surrounded by a twig fence
2AW
Kermit @ Nimitz
Kermit's new buddies
bad ass monk seal biker gang

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I have to tell you all, yesterday was an amazing day at the beach with three seals,A BIKER CLUB of Military DUDES, Diane Gabriel and Tony,Frank Vansteel, Rob and myself....and two abandoned dogs. I called Diane right away for Irma, who of course chose another holiday to haul up at, WHITE PLAINS. Diane came to take care of Irma, while we were at Nimitz with a hauling out seal...Kermit. She got Frank Vansteel to take care of Kermit and all those Biker DUDES. We took a break, got a call from Diane another seal swimming with Surfers at Plains. In between this time, we took a little chiauaaua to the Dog Shelter to be adopted. It was my Nacho, who we cared for for five long months. What happened was the two abandoned dogs followed me to the next seal I was trying to catch up with from Plains, all the way to Kalaelao. The little dog was over heated, so I picked her up and carried her all the way back to Plains, got her some water and she was good again. Oh the third seal was 2AW at Al's Bench. We then went to SPCA shelter, got the manager to come to see the dogs. She asked if I could capture her, I did, we took her to the shelter to be adopted there. It was very hard for me..that little dog, GREW on me. But it was time to take her away from Plains. Now I got one dog left to capture...my big BROWNIE, who also was abandoned and has survived all this time with Nacho.
Next: we went back to Nimitz to watch for Kermit, who now had LOUD ROCK MUSIC playing for the BIKERS. Frank took care of KErmit, we relieved him. Mean while, Diane and Tony reports Irma had left, they were coming to our site to help us. In the end, it was a fantastic day with the BIKERS, THE VERY LOUD ROCK BAND...actually it was cool and we jazzed ourselves to the hot music. By 4:55pm, Kermit left area, the bikers were leaving, the music was over...Tony, Diane, Rob and myself...just watched Kermit doing his daily activity, foraging, swimming around nimitz area...then he left by 5:30pm and we all did too. God bless Diane Gabriel, Tony, Frank, my RObert for watching three seals...We did well together...we made it through a very exciting day at the beach....I'll miss my dog Nacho..Now I have to capture our last dog...Brownie. Phew....

Diga said...

Well, I discovered that Barbara doesn't mind a little heavy metal music! ;) It was fun seal watching day. Diane