Friday, February 11, 2011

2-11-11 DB Dailies

Sandy Beach treasure hunter posse member, Otto called at 0530 with the report of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0608 I found Right Spot waiting for me. I cordoned her off, and she has remained all day. On my 1700 check Right Spot had departed.

At 0729 I found Kolohe snoozin' in the grass, 100 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. He would later move down, allowing the ID. He was the only RI inhabitant today.

Dera called at 1242 with the report of an animal 150 yds east of the Wailea St access in Waimanalo (the McDonalds). It was more like 300 yds, and after trudging said distance, in the rain I hasten to add, all I found was one of those much dreaded, maneating, Waimanalo Log Seals !

Team Billand found Kermit snoozin' on Kermit's Reef, all comfy in a hole, at 1120.

They responded to a Dera call about an animal in Ewa Beach, and at 1159 found Irma at the perimeter fence separating Ewa Beach Park from the Shooting Range. Waves got to her at 1233 and she departed. I checked my mail later in the day and found that Toni Russ had report Irma at 0700.

I had my Monk Seal CIA Analyst hat on this morning and found shots of BG (Benny's Girl) at Ka'ena Pt, on the FLICKR site. The shots were from 2-1-11. She is lookin' phat !

There are a couple of other pieces of good news. Tracy advised that Makaiwi (R4DF), who has been on the Big Island for some time now, and was last seen there on Sunday, was seen yesterday on Maui. Coming Home ???? We shall see.  Keep your eyes open everyone the cutey is heading back our way!  APB and I want a call when she's spotted because I want to visit with her.
Though it can't be deemed "official" without proof, Tracy advised, in response to my query, that somebody from Kauai who was at the recent meetings, said they saw RO40 on Kauai. Ka'ena has been MIA at Ka'ena Pt since 11-20-10, so Marilyn and I are much relieved by that news. Now all we need is proof.

 Right Spot @ Sandy Beach
 BG @ Ka'ena Point from 2/1 - found by agent dunlap
 Seal log on Waimanalo Beach... hmm looks like giant turd

No comments: