Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2-8-11 DB Dailies

First of all, thank you for the calls and emails from, literally,all around Hawaii, and the Mainland. Obviously, it's not just me who is feeling this giant hole in the world with Sam's death.

Dera checked in at 1842 this evening saying that there were not findings at the necropsy. There just wasn't enough to go on. Based on last night's conversation with Tracy, that is what I expected. The bottom line is that it doesn't really matter. Gone is Gone.
The day began with a 0605 call from Sandy Beach posse member Otto, reporting an animal at the east end of Sandys. When I arrived I found Right Spot, of course. She has remained all day. When I got back to Sandy Beach at 1830 Right Spot was gone.

At 0720 I found Duke , 30 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He would later move to the far left end of the beach where he spent the day. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview at 1220 and lo and behold found that Kolohe was behind the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island. He had been totally invisible from the Makai Pier. The animal's locations plus the heat wave distortion made photos impossible.

On my 0813 Spitting Cave check I found Irma doing 13 minute dives. She'd last been seen a few days ago at the Kahala Hotel, so I assumed that she was headed west , but duh !!! that is obviously not the case at all.

Team Billand had one of "them" days at White Plains today. It began with a 0823 call reporting Kermit at the east end fence line. Barbara called again at 1509 to advise that now Benny was fronting #1707, and R018 was fronting #1708.

Dana called with the report of an animal at Magic Island, at 1446. Dana called at 1735 to advise that it had been Rocky at Magic Island , and that she had left of her own volition at about 1710.

Right Spot @ Sandy's Beach

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to change the date of this blog?

Donna said...

Hmmm didn't you know the blog lady can see into the future?
Thanks for the heads up... This is what happens when I am tired and its late.