Thursday, February 17, 2011

2-17-11 DB Dailies

I found Duke just hauling out 60 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island at 0739. He would remain all day.

At 1159 an U/M male hauled out at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. I could never confirm an ID on this guy. He had a newish coat, and 2 red tags, and I could rule out RIP or Mojo, but that was about the extent of it. I'm reasonably sure it was somebody I know, but I could never see what I needed to see in order to make an ID. I hate it when that happens ! Maybe tomorrow ????  

At 1427 Sadie hauled out to join Duke , to the right of 3BS. Though they spent the afternoon 5-10 ft apart , there was never any observed interaction.

Team Billand found Kermit at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 0924.   They called at 0932 to advise that one of their posse members reported an animal at the Shooting Range in Ewa Beach. I contacted posse member Jen Christian who checked with husband Jeff, at the range, and he reported nobody there. Team Billand called at 1012, having arrived at the location, to report yet another of those dreaded Log Seals !!  
Team Billand called at 1428 to report Benny at Maili Point.

I found Toni Russ email when I got home this evening, reporting that Rocky had been at yesterday's Ewa Beach location on her 0715 check, but was gone on the 1300 recheck.

U/M @ Rabbit Island
Don't know if its the same or not, but yesterday I got a call from the Kayak folks there was a seal out on the mokes... I called into Dera and hoped that either one of us would have more details for blog time... This afternoon I stopped by KSK to see if I could find out anymore but nothing... so yesterday a U/U on the mokes off lanikai... and today a U/M on Rabbit Island.
Kermit @ Wind Sock
Benny @ Maili


No comments: