Sunday, February 13, 2011

2-13-2011 DB Dailies

The Rabbit Island cast for today included, Kolohe, Duke, Mojo ,M38 and RIP.

Unfortunately, I noticed that RIP has picked up a fish hook in the left side of his mouth. I could never get a sustained look at the hook ,since he insisted on presenting only his right side to me all day, however on
several occasions as he rolled or prepositioned I had quick glimpses of the hook. At no time did I ever see leader or line attached. His behavior the entire day was completely normal. He never showed any signs of acute distress. I notified both Dera and Tracy, and though nothing could be laid on for today,talks will begin tomorrow to come up with a mission plan. I want to reinterate that RIP appears completely normal, with no sign that the hook is affecting his behavior. None of my photos showed the hook, because I was too busy looking to take the time to try for a shot, and shooting conditions were horrible.

Team Billand called at 0838 to advise that Kermit was at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz jetty. They had a "Whale Clan" commitment later in the day. Dana called at 1545 to advise that Jim Brown had reported another animal just hauling out to join Kermit. No ID was possible. The Billands called at 1630 to say that they were done with the commitment, in Hawaii Kai, and were heading for Kermit's Reef. They confirmed R018.

Dana called at 0911 to advise of an animal in Kaaawa. She called again at 1120 to say thatd the animal was KC. Lastly she called at 1622 to advise that KC had departed.

 Kermit fishing @ Nimitz 
 Kermit and R018
 Hey... What ya doing over there?

No comments: