Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2-23-2011 DB Dailies

At 0657 , from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Kolohe, snoozin' in he high grass,100 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. He would later move down, allowing the ID and remained all day.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0926 I found new additions to the cast. RIP and Duke were now together , 80 ft left of 1BS, at the left end of the beach. They would remain all day, and there was never any
observed interaction.

On my 0800 Spitting Cave adventure, I'd found nobody, however posse member Susan Lewis called at 0956 with the report of an animal. When I arrived at 1013 I was just in time to watch a pod of Spinner Dolphins go by, and shortly thereafter viewed a full extention breach by a humpback. Oh yeah..... Mojo was there too, doing 7 minute dives.

Team Billand called at 0737 with the report of Makaiwi at Ko Olina , lagoon #3. She would remain until 1100. 

While on the subject of Makaiwi, I must profusely apologize for not including yesterday's Makaiwi shots in da' dailies. Hopefully, you checked da' blog in the morning and saw Team Billands shots. I have no excuse, I simply forgot to attached the photos that I had ready to go. It was pilot error , cut and dried. Fortunately, you'll have an opportunity to see some more Makaiwi tonight.

Team Billand also found 6FI today, at Maili Point.

Dera called at 1026 with the report of an animal at Kualoa Pt. I'm told that Diane Gabriel responded , but found nothing. My dollar was definitely on R5AY, but ............

Kolohe 
 RIP and Duke
 Mojo @ Spitting Cave

No comments: