Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/2010 DB Dailes

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0726 I found Mikala snoozin' 50 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0958 Mikala was still there, and I noticed just a sliver of belly up in the Morning Glory, fronting 3BS. When he moved down into view at 1003 I saw that it was Duke, his N18 shining brightly. Despite many a mile, Right Spot was a no show in my life today.

Team Billand called at 1014 to report Irma on the left, and Benny on the right, at the east end perimeter fence at White Plains. They called again at 1124 to report Kermit at Nimitz Beach. On their checks of Campbell Industrial Park they found a wallow, and got a report of an animal having been run off by a Quad. Later , the saw and animal foraging off shore, but no ID was possible. I gotta put my dollar on Ewa Girl but ?????

You should check northshoremonks@blogspot.com . Todd White documented Yoda at Haleiwa yesterday (1-4-10). Yoda looks to be about 85% molted. Keith Kenyon had gotten shots of a molting Yoda last weekend at Ka'ena Point, and I saw YouTube footage of what I believed to be Yoda at Mokuleia just two days ago, but Todd's shots confirm beyond a reasonable doubt that it's Yoda. His intial molt back when he first came on the scene 3 years ago was in March, then last year it was February, and this year, January. It is my own personal opinion that this has everything to do with becoming happier and healthier since he came to Oahu. That first year he looked to be a death's door, and he has gotten progressively healthier since then. Looking at today's fat and happy guy, you couldn't imagine it was the same animal seen on Day #1 on 11-28-07.


Irma @White Plains
Irma & Benny
Benny @White Plains
Kermit @Nimitz
Yoda molting on North Shore

No comments: