Friday, January 29, 2010

1/29/2010 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust, but just as I got back to Makai Pier for the day, posse person Susan called from Spitting Cave at 0926 to say that she was looking at a small animal with a white spot on the right side just behind the fore flipper, and a dark patch on it's between it's shoulders. As I suspected, when I arrived at 0945 I found Kolohe doing 8 minute dives .
When I got back to Makai Pier at 1058 I found Mikala just hauling out at the far left end of the beach. She would remain there all day.

From my first look at RI this morning at 0717 I thought there might be a likely looking shadow tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end of the beach, but it was not until 1131 that the shadow raised it's head and looked out over the Morning Glory. Finally , at 1243 the animal began moving down and for the first time I got a look at Sadie's new N20 bleach, though the photos don't pick it up at all. She moved down to join Makala near the water line and during the brief low level interaction I also got a glimpse of Mikala's upside down ,left side N20 bleach.

Team Billand had their usual busy day, reporting Irma at Maili at 0920, then Ewa Girl and Benny at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park at 1005, and lastly, Kermit at White Plains at 1243.


No comments: