Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8/2010 DB Dailies

I am happy to report that I'm communicating with you from my very own, newly "debugged" computer Thank you Marilyn and Stanford !!!!
Despite lots of checking in the SE quadrant it was 1044 before I finally found my first critters. Kolohe and Duke hauled out together at the right end of Rabbit Island, and remained together at that location all day. Kolohe had been reported at Sea Cave yesterday by Island Divers.

The surprise of the day came at 1051 when the "new and improved" M38 hauled out to 2BS. I knew he'd completed his molt on Molokai, thanks to Val, and I'd been sorta' expecting the guy. Today was the day. He is lookin' spiffy in the new coat, and his posterior dorsal abcess is still distinctly visible. He would reenter the water at 1331, only to haul out again at 1338 at 3BS , where he spent the rest of the day. On a pan at 1148 I found Mikala just hauling out 80 ft left of 1BS. She remained there the rest of the day.

At 1420, Sandy Beach lifeguard posse member , Billy, called to report an animal just hauling out fronting the "Full Point" lifeguard stand. When I arrived at 1425 I found Right Spot and cordoned her off. Billy advised that she had been swimming and playing with another animal in the shallows, but when she hauled out the other animal departed. I have no other info except that he said it was more brown, in response to my questions. I have no clue who it is, but my dollar is on Benny. We shall see. I relocated to the Blowhole Lookout until 1600 but never saw another animal. I'll be returning to check on Right Spot shortly.

Team Billand called at 0905 to report Kermit at the fence at White Plains. One of their surfer posse had roped him off upon his arrival at around 0600. hey called again at 1042 to report Ewa Girl at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.


Kolohe & Duke


M38


Right Spot @ Sandy Beach

No comments: