Thursday, January 7, 2010

1/7/2010 Barb finds I37/I38 and big surf

Hi, Just got home from the meeting in Hawaii Kai. Sorry so late.

It has been quite a day and this was worth the find.

We were on our way to town driving passed Maili Pt when I saw a fat seal on the black rocks. Rob made a u turn, dropped me off and I headed to seal.

To my Joy, it was a female, but not Irma, not Ewa Girl...through my intense observation of the tags, I discovered it to be I37/138!!! I did my happy seal dance, then took some pics, which turned out lousy. I didnt pay attention to the surf.

Rob yelled at me, whistled at me and I finally noticed the huge sets coming in so fast, I had no time but to find a high spot and bare down. Luckily the waves came with a vengence, but went around me, leaving me dry. Phew. The second wave came in and I thought I was in big trouble...but that one also wrapped around me, a bit higher, thats when I just jumped from Rock to Rock and made it back before the third wave came blasting in over all the area I was just on. My shots suck, but I got the one tag shot which is important. Alls well...got what we needed and we left. Thank you lady ocean...thank you I37.

B




No comments: