Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/28/2010 DB Dailies

It was yet another gray and dismal day at Makai Pier. Rabbit Island observations were okay, but the photo conditions left much to be desired as you will see. The cast would include Duke at the right end of the beach, Kolohe between the greeneries right of 1BS, Mikala at the far left end , and Sadie tucked into the base of the cliff, left of 1BS. As is always the case on cool, overcast days, the animals have zero incentive to move.... so they don't, which makes getting ID's a difficult thing. It literally took all day, but I finally got everybody figured out.

On my 0750 , Spitting Cave check I found both RIP and Buster. It took a while to figure out that there were, in fact, two animals, I thought I got lots of RIP shots, but as it turns out they were all junk. I didn't even know that I'd gotten a shot of Buster's newly acquired N21 bleach until I was just now editing photos.
Team Billand had yet another busy day, with Benny at Tracks, RI37 just down the beach a bit at Electric Beach, and Kermit at White Plains.

Jenn Maldonado sent mail late today, with shots of RA50, at Shark's Cove yesterday (1-27-10). Regular readers will recall that this little Nihoa guy was first seen at Shark's Cove on 12-13-09, and hadn't been heard from since, until this sighting. Thank you Jenn !!!


Duke
Kolohe

Benny
RI37

No comments: