Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25/2010 DB Dailes

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0739 I found what would prove to be Sadie, tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end of the beach. When I got back at 1000 she had moved down into full view. Her new N20 bleach was clearly visible.

My first Spitting Cave check had been a bust, but posse member Susan, called at 0900 to report N18 swimming to the right of the big rock. Sure enough, when I arrived at 0916 I found Duke doing 8 minute dives.

I got back to Makai Pier at 1000, and at 1130 Mikala hauled out 40 ft left of 1BS. Her N20 bleach was clearly visible.


At 1236 RIP hauled out to join Mikala. There was a bit of light weight interaction, but shortly thereafter, at 1250 , RIP moved over to join Sadie. Once again the interaction was low key.

At 1302 , posse member Shawn, called to report an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived I found Right Spot (of course), at her usual spot . I'll be returning to her shortly.

Team Billand called at 1010 to report Kermit and Benny together near the east end fence at White Plains. One of their posse said that Kermit had arrived first aound 0800, and Benny had arrived later. At 1215 Barbara called again to report a very fat and happy Rocky at Kermit's Reef on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.

To my shock and awe DOCARE Officer John Silberstein called at 1516, just to check on how things were at Rabbit Island today, and mentioned that he had just left Kualoa Point, where R5AY and volunteer, Jessica were hangin' out along side the road.

Mark Sullivan (of Mark & Sean bleaching fame) sent a couple of shots from their RI bleaching mission the other day. They are shots of Kolohe and Mojo. Enjoy !

Right Spot was still at Sandy Beach when I picked up the rope at 1915.

RIP & Mikala

Rabbit Island Kolohe & Mojo

No comments: