Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1/27/2010 DB Dailies

Cold, Windy, Rainy & Miserable pretty much describes the Makai Pier world today. Nevertheless, there was a Rabbit Island cast visible out there, between "white outs' " . I found Duke at the right end of the beach at 0717 and when I got back at 0920 found RIP and Sadie , belly to belly, at 1BS where they would remain all day. Kolohe was never more than partially visible up against the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS.

Simply because Right Spot has been doing afternoon haul outs of late, I did a Sandy Beach recon at 1324 . I was not surprised at all to find her on the beach near the small lifeguard stand at the east end of the beach. According to witnesses she had arrived 15 minutes before I arrived. I never got any kind of call, and simply lucked out. I'll be returning to her shortly.

Team Billand had their usual busy day. They called at 0815 to report Benny at White Plains. Their posse person , Mochiko said he'd been there at 0715. I got a call later from Barbara advising that Benny had abruptly departed at 0948 to join two unknown seals off shore. After some play all disappeared.

They called again at 0900 to report Kermit at Nimitz Beach fronting #1813.

At 1145 they reported Rocky at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. Though we have seen Rocky along that stretch of beach before , she has never hauled out to Palm Grove. Ewa Girl musta' told her about the spot !

At 1514 Barbara called again to report RI37 at Electric Beach (Kahe Power Plant).
I picked up the rope at 1900. Right Spot was still there.

Right Spot

Kermit

R137


Rocky


1 comment:

val said...

love the pic of Kermit!!! priceless....