Monday, January 11, 2010

1/11/2010 DB Dailes

On my 2nd pass through Sandy Beach at 0704 I found Right Spot waiting for me at the east end. I got her cordoned off and she has remained there all day. Mark gave her a left side N6 bleach this afternoon. Now she can be identified from either side.

The Rabbit Island cast began with Duke up in the grass at the right end of the beach. He would move down to cool off later on.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0944 I found that Mikala was now on the beach 80 ft left of 1BS. She would remain there all day. Also at 0944 I found M&M on the beach, fronting the greenery, 200 ft right of 1BS.

At 1012 I lucked out and found 2 "swimming heads" off shore of 3BS. It would prove to be Kolohe and M38. They would haul out to the right of 1BS at 1142, and move to the right , 20 ft left of M&M.

At 1147 Buster hauled out to join M&M. She barely acknowledged his existence. M38 snorted a couple of times, but did nothing else

I rechecked Right Spot from 1430 until 1500, and documented her new bleach. I'll be returning to SB shortly.

Barbara Billand did the KP trek today. She reported BG at 0849, and called again at 1158 to say that Ka'ena had arrived. Robert Billand reported Kermit at White Plains at 1040.

Right Spot departed Sandy Beach of her own volition at 1834.

Kolohe, M38, Buster, and M&M @ Rabbit Island

Mikala & Sadie @ Rabbit Island

Duke @ Rabbit Island

Right Spot @ Sandy Beach

Kermit @ White Plains

No comments: