Sunday, June 19, 2011

6-19-11 Ka'ena Point Trek

Aloha Good People - First I would like to thank Keith for taking time and making the Ka'ena Trek.... Most people know its not a cake walk. I wanted to also mention since I am the keeper of monksealmania I don't always have the inside information... however since the blog has become a means of communication for lots of monk seal posse, volunteers, and just interested people, I do feel a sense of responsibility for asking or posting a "call to action "... to only find out later, things have been put on hold.  
I would like to ask, any of the professionals, who may make these decisions, to please consider the serious efforts people make to take time out of their busy life... a simple explanation or information update would be greatly appreciated.  
I am very sensitive to asking people for something... the last thing we need is a cry wolf syndrome.  Communication is key...  The tidbits of information I received today and there is no official word on this, was that 716 hook would be left for the time being since it is not life threatening... this could be because she is due to molt (which is stressful in itself) or the location would be to difficult to approach her. At the same time nothing has or was mentioned about CeeCee.  
If anyone has an answer please feel free to email me, or comment.... I would like to provide the readers and posse with some type of "official update"
MAHALO  ~da blog lady~
Unidentified/Unknown
 T21M
 T21M and Ka'ena
 Ka'ena

No comments: