Wednesday, December 9, 2020

12/09/2020 Wednesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

Yesterday I did a very quick loop in the permitted area of the park and saw little RL98 Lina on her favorite beach that has had most of its sand taken away by the swell and is covered in driftwood like most of our sand beaches in the park.

This afternoon on my check she was there again. Out at the point RL74 Kami and R330 Squinty were having a cool and fun playing swim before hauling out for the night.
In an unusual cove I found RO40 Ka'ena still going thru his molt.
Our visiting Gulls are still around I got to see and document "Limpy" the gull with a broken leg - he's doing fine and scavenging on fishermen's leftover baits.
Albatross nesting is in full mode and I wouldn't be surprised if we are heading to another record-breaking season.
More soon - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: