Saturday, December 5, 2020

12/04/2020 Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was another very busy day, but a fantastic one shared with mother nature and wildlife in the park.

The count of Albatrosses, nests and eggs has been going up daily - last info in the early afternoon was of 73 nests !!
A whale put on a show playing with it's pectoral fins.
In the seal world I sighted and documented 7 seals
RO40 Ka'ena in the same spot I saw him yesterday. He still has some molt to shed
RL74 Kami was hauled out in a safe spot sleeping peacefully
RW02 PVKauai, RN14 Kalani and R330 Squinty overnighted on the same beach. I got to observe them move down to the waterline and play in the water
RL98 Lina hauled out mid-morning and wrapped herself around a rock to sleep
RG40 Holokai overnighted at our place, I had missed him on my early morning check.
More tomorrow - be safe ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜ท

whale

No comments: