Friday, January 17, 2014

Jan 17, 2014 DB's Dailies: Kolohe&Buster@RI, Kaiwi@SC,Kermit,M&M&RIP@WP, R5AY&P,Kaikaina@TB, Pohaku@PC, RI37@Laie, Makaiwi@CIP

I was out on the road dark and early as usual, but it would be 1029 before I encountered my first pinniped. At 1029 I found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin’ on the left end rock flats of Rabbit Island.
 
On a pan at 1122 , to my complete surprise, and U/U began moving into my line of sight from behind the Morning Glory 40 ft left of 1BS on RI. It would take a few hours but ultimately I confirmed the critter as none other than my 3rd born son, Buster (RV08). The Billands hadn’t seen him in a coupla’ days, and here he was back home to continue his molt. I’d guesstimate between 5% & 10% molted.
 
Gayle had found nobody on her afternoon check, but at 1435 on my afternoon rounds I found Kaiwi (RK96) doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave. Checks of China Walls, Fingers and Kokee Flats were zero. AD’s to Lanai Lookout were also zip .
 
At 0840 Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) at the east end fence line, White Plains.
 
At 0916 Dana called to advise that R5AY&Pup, as well as Kaikaina (RL54) were all happy and well at Turtle Bay.
Also at 0916 Dana advised of an U/U at Bikini Beach, Laie, which was confirmed at RI37 at 1102, and Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove.
 
At 0923 Team Billand reported M&M (R020) at #1708, White Plains. She would be joined by RIP (RR70) at 0931.
 
At 1256 the Billands reported Makaiwi (R4DF) at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.
 

Once again I must get the dailies done early due to a dinner engagement, so check the blog in the morning for the rest of today’s news.

Buster on Rabbit Island going through his molt (DB's 3rd born son :-)

No comments: