Friday, January 24, 2014

Jan 24, 2014 DB's Dailies: Buster&Aukai@RI, Kea@BH, RK36@AD, Makaiwi,Kermit&RIP@WP, Pohaku@Nanakuli, Haupu@KoOlina

I was out on the road when Jack (at the Bay) called at 0753 to advise that morning swimmer regulars had told him that they had seen "a small animal with white on its RFF", in Sandman’s Patch, to the right side of HB.

Circumstantial though it might be that most certainly says Kea to me. I spent an hour observing Hanauma Bay from on top, but never saw anything.
 
My first look at Rabbit Island was a bust but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1006 I found Aukai (RL12) just hauling out to Left Greenery on RI. She would remain all day.
 
At 1028 Buster (RV08) moved into my line of sight from behind the Morning Glory covered dune, left of 1BS, on RI. He would move down to the far left end of the beach, and remain there the rest of the day. His molt is 30%.
 
At 1308 on a routine check of Blowhole, I found Kea (RN46) snoozin’ in the cove to the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. This is yesterday’s location also. He had not been there on previous checks. Marilyn advised that he was still there on her 1808 check.
 
At 1442 on my 2nd check of AD I found RK36 on the water front rocks, 300 yds east of the AD Wall. He had not been there earlier.
 
Team Billand called at 0708 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) at Tower#2, White Plains.
 
At 1010 Ocean Safety called with the report of an U/U at Nanakuli Beach Park. Team Billand confirmed the Pohaku (RO28) ID.
 
At 1108 the Billands reported the arrival of Kermit (R012) to the showers, White Plains.
 
At 1128 they reported RIP (RR70) hauling out to join Kermit.
 

At 1207 the Billands called to advise of a reported U/U at Lagoon#4, KoOlina. Volunteer Linda responded and cordoned off Haupu (RB24).

 Buster on Rabbit Island 
 Kea at blow hole 
 RK36 at Alan Davis
 PO1 racing down to the shore line
 Whew!  that was a work out time for a nap
 mom! mom! where are you mom!
 did you miss me mom?
 Kermit at White plains
 Makaiwi Kermit and Rip
 Makaiwi
 Makaiwi resting and Mr. Rip riding the wave in...
 I came as fast I could!
Haupu at KoOlina
 Pohaku at Nanakuli ....ouch!
 she'll be fine.... getting some much needed rest

No comments: