Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2-4-2013 DB's Dailies:Sadie,Kolohe,Buster&Nani@RI, Irma@MB, Makaiwi,Kerby&Benny@WP, Pohaku@PC, T21M@MCBH


At 0714 I found a dome, partially visible in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of IBS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0918 I found that the dome was Sadie (RB12) as I'd suspected. I also found that she was not along. Kolohe (RW22) was right there beside her, but more hidden in the Morning Glory. He has no doubt been there all along and I simply missed him in the early morning light. Both would later move down and spend the rest of the day snoozin' on the beach front incline, stayin' cool. There was just minimal interaction.

A posse member called at 1208 to advise of an animal just hauling out the Makapuu Beach. When I arrived at 1225 I found Irma (R010) at the far right end. I cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day. Irma departed at 1852. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.

At got back to Makai Pier at 1309, and on a pan at 1321 I found Buster (RV08) and Nani (RK60) just hauling out, 20 ft left of Kolohe & Sadie. Buster would move up the incline, while Nani remained on the incline. All would snooze away the rest of the day.
Team Billand checked in at 0735 to advise of Makaiwi (R4DF), Kerby (RW22), and Benny (RE74), fronting #1707, White Plains.

Team Billand called at 1017 to advise that all had entered the water and Kerby and Makaiwi had been playing hard, while Benny stayed off to the side. When they all hauled out Barbara said she thought Kerby had a smile on his face, and he and Makaiwi were sharing a cigarette. I can't confirm or deny that. Okay this made me laugh out loud for real.... Good one DB! I will say they are pretty adorable!!

At 1117 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove.

Jen Christian called at 1144 to advise she was with T21M at North Beach, on MCBH. He hubby told her that he'd seen him there the past two days. His molt continues.

Zeeny sent along a couple of shots of Temp 412 (N32) whom she encountered yesterday on her KP trek, approximately half way in on the Waianae trail.

  Nani, Buster, Kolohe and Sadie
 Nani and Buster
 Irma !  What a great shot.... and gorgeous view
T21M at MCBH - this photo is a great example of how you need a good "seal" eye... debris and driftwood... and a seal!  
 Molting at North Beach MCBH
 Temp 412
 Benny - Kerby 

 Maka'iwi and Kerby
 Maka'iwi looking gorgeous
 Seal Date
 Great shot Barb!!
 too darn cute....
 Look they're going to make out!  LOL
 okay maybe didn't knock her socks off but certainly got her to kick up some sand!

No comments: