Monday, February 25, 2013

2-24-2013 DB Dailies:


It was a nuthin' kinda' day on the first pass through the quadrant, but a call from Photo Tour posse person, Alex at 0800 got the juices flowin'. He reported an animal hauling out to the far right end of Makapuu, but just seconds later called to say the the animal came...looked & left. I hung out above the beach for a half an hour or so, but never saw anybody. I really didn't think it could be Irma, and my Monachus gene was whispering....Mojo. 

Knowing that he was in the area yesterday, and having seen him pull this same move on previous occasions, I thought that if he showed up at Rabbit Island it would be supporting circumstantial evidence that it was probably him.

There had been nobody at RI on my first pass, but when I looked at 0845 there was Mojo (RI17), in the company of Nani (RK60) waiting for me , 80 ft left of 1BS, on RI. They would take a quick dip at 1248, hauling out again to the same location at 1308.

On a pan at 1005 I found Kolohe (RW22) at Rocky Right Beach, RI. He would remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand called at 0800 to advise that they had Makaiwi (R4DF) at #1708 and M&M fronting #1708 at White Plains .

At 0933 the Billands reported R018 foraging off shore of Nimitz Beach. They would report the arrival of Kermit (R012) foraging with him at 1020.

Kermit would haul out to Kermit's Reef at 1139. R018 moved on.

Dana called at 1029 to advise that golfers had reported a seal "with a 6 on it" at Turtle Bay. I'm puttin' the wife and both cats on Right Spot,(R016)(N6).

At 1153 the Billands reported that my first born, RIP (RR70) had hauled out to join M&M at White Plains. Billand and Laurie Finley photos capture the romance perfectly.

Vera Cober called at 1330 with the report of T21M at Iroquois Point.

In the Yesterday's News department, Dera forwarded shots of R5AY at Malaekahana yesterday.

 R5AY 
  T21
 Rip and MM 




 




No comments: