Monday, February 11, 2013

2-10-2013 DB's Dailies Mojo&Kolohe@RI, Irma@SB, Kermit@WP, Makaiwi@NIM, Kaiwi@Maunalua Bay, U/UKualoa Pt, Ka'ena@KP, RL42@Keaau's, 2AW@KCG


The first couple of passes through the SE quadrant were lookin' pretty dismal again today, but at 0929 Eureka ! I found one. I spied what would turn out to be Mojo (RI17), partially hidden behind the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach, Rabbit Island. I never got a shot of his signature natural bleach spot on the top left side of his head, but everytime he raised his head, I saw it. He would remain on that perch all day.

Sandy Beach LG, Spencer Skipper called at 1114 with the report of an animal just hauling out beyond the "Gas Chambers" break (the Blowhole end of the beach). When I arrived I found the bulbous bod of Irma (R010) waiting for me. I cordoned her off, and she has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope at 1900. Irma remains.

I got back to the pier at 1240 and noted that the RI cast had increased by one. I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22), 20 ft right of 1BS on RI. He remained there the rest of the day.
Team Billand called at 0741 to advise that Kermit (R012) had overnighted and was still at #1708, White Plains.

At 0808 they found Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1811, Nimitz Cottages.

Cianna called at 0747 with the report of an animal at Kualoa Pt. I've heard nothing further, but I'd have to put a cat on R5AY.

Cianna called again at 0929 with an interesting tidbit. She had gotten a call from divers who had spent a couple of up close and personal minutes with Kaiwi (RK96) in the waters of Maunalua Bay, somewhere in the Diamond Head end area. They made the ID by her N19 bleach.

Kimo Smith called at 1114 to advise that he had been to the end of the world and found Ka'ena (RO40) at Ka'ena Point.

On his way home he stopped at Keaau's and spent time with RL42.

Team Billand called at 1315 with the report of 2AW at "Al's Bench", Kalaeloa Campground.

 Irma

so for every a$$ out there, here's a case where a guy and two small children obeying the line behind the signs.... definitely worth mentioning when something works!
 Where's Ka'ena?  Ka'ena point of course! 
 RL42 getting in some water time
 she blends in with the rocks!
 Kermit looking handsome
 another day at the zoo... er I mean white plains
 The beautiful Maka'iwi snoozing away at Nimitz
 2AW 

No comments: