Saturday, February 2, 2013

1-1-2013 DB's Dailies: Kolohe@RI, Buster@SB, U/U@MP, Kaiwi@LL, Irma@SC, Makaiwi@WP, 2AW@Trks, Ewa Girl@WSK, RI37@Mokuleia, U/U@Mokes,

At 0858 I found what would later prove to be Kolohe (RW22) on the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach, Rabbit Island. I would finally make the ID by his right side natural bleach at 1416. He remained all day, and was the only visible RI resident today.

At 0929 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal hauling out at Sandy Beach,and moments later calling back to report that the animal had departed. I was on my way already when the 2nd call came, and I wasn't believin' that for a second. Sure enough as I arrived at the east end of Sandy Beach, Buster (RV08) was just hauling out. I cordoned him off, and he has remained the rest of the day.
Gayle called at 1144 reporting Kaiwi (RK96) a her usual spot at Lanai Lookout.

Posse member Susan called at 1202 reporting " a large animal" at Spitting Cave. Since I had been on the Irma Quest since moment #1 today, because of her haul out yesterday at Diamond Head, I was not the least bit surprised to see the lovely Irma (R010) doing 8-9 minute dives when I arrived. Shes' Baaack !!

Team Billand called at 0717 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1707, White Plains.

They called again at 1355 reporting a 100% molted 2AW at Tracks.

At 1512 the Billands found Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock. She has been MIA for a while, last being seen (at Wind Sock.....by the Billands) on 12-21-12.

Posse member Jon Mossman called at 1600 advising that he'd seen RI37 in Mokuleia today. Confirming photo received.

THE Donna called at 1618 to advise that a kayak renter from the business next door to her shop , had told her of a seal on the Mokes today. There is no other info at this writing. This one will go down as an U/U since all my sources were unable to determine any details. KSK decided to keep all tours off the Mokes today. I will keep you posted if there is any other news or updates.

Last but not least, I got a frantic call at 1112 from one of my derelict posse , living near the pier, reporting an animal near shore at Makai Pier. I ran out and observed a small to medium sized animal , foraging in near shore waters, and moving under the pier. I was unable to get an ID, but did see 2 red tags. I lost sight of the animal at 1130. My dollar is on Nani but ?????
 Buster at Sandy's
 
 Irma at Spitting Cave
 Ka'iwi at Lanai Lookout
 Kaiwi and her big white belly 
 2AW  burying your head in the sand?
 good work!
 Maka'iwi at White Plains
 Ewa Girl @ Wind sock
 Ewa Girl looking
 RI37

No comments: