Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MonkSealMania Turns 4 February 8

Yes my friends... four years ago the very first post was made.... and every night since then  (well 99% of the time).  I am thrilled the blog has grown along with the volunteers looking after the monk seals.  Meeting great people through the blog as well as getting news about seals on the outer islands are some of my favorite moments.  But in the end I have DB to thank because without him, the blog just wouldn't be the same. When I asked DB many moons ago if I could post his "dailies" I don't think he realized what he was in for.... I love you my friend.!


So here are some interesting numbers for you:
4 years I posted 2954 times, 


65% of the post are from DB
18% from da blog lady
9% from Team Billand
8% miscellaneous


Top Seals:
Kermit 23%
Irma 20%
Kolohe 19%
Buster 18%
Duke 18%
Rocky 13%
RIP 12%
Sadie 11%
M+M 10%
All others less than 10%


Top Locations:
Rabbit Island 23%
Nimitz 9%
White Plains 9%
Ka'ena Point 6%
Turtle Bay 6%
Spitting Cave 6%
Campbells 3%
Diamond Head 3%
Iroquois Point 3%
Kalaeloa 3%
Tracks 3%
Ewa Beach 2%
All others less than 1%







No comments: