Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2-27-2012 DB's Dailies: U/U @ RI, Rocky@DH, T15M@WP, Kaiwi@Eternity Beach, Irma@BH


There was lots of huntin' by the elves and I , but by end of day the only critter seen was on my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1210. There I found an U/U, adult sized animal, with a new coat, 80 ft left of 1BS, down near the water line. It would depart at 1238, and was not seen again. It was , in all probability, Mojo, but ???????
When I wrote the above paragraph I THOUGHT it was the end of day. Nope....

At 1612 I got a call from Team Billand , advising that they had just gotten a call from Fire Department dispatch about an animal at Eternity Beach, which is the cove on the town side of the Blowhole Lookout. Why on earth the FD called the Billands is an oddity. 
When I arrived at 1620 sure enough, for the very first time in my career I found an animal down there on the water front rocks. It was KAIWI (RK96) !! A northern European tourist had called 911. Kaiwi would depart of her own volition at 1637 because she was getting worked by the rising tide. I lost her in the choppy conditions and did not see her again.

When I'd initially arrived I'd seen an animal foraging of the Blowhole Lookout. It would prove to be Irma (R010) doing 12 minute dives.

The Fire Department call oddity happened again at 1837. Once again the Billands called me to advise the FD dispatch had called them about an animal at Sandy Beach. I responded immediately, but darkness was near. I checked all of Sandy Beach, including Kaiwi Kove, twice, and then checked Irma's just in case. I found nobody, and called it quits in total darkness at 1930. The caller may well have reported Irma at Blowhole and mentioned Sandy Beach ???????????

Team Billand checked in at 0852 with the report of T15M, fronting #1707, White Plains.

At 0946 Dera called with the report of an animal at Beach Road, Diamond Head. Colleen confirmed the Rocky (RH58) ID 

 Rocky @ home at Diamond Head... and listen up missy.... you just swim right past Waikiki... don't be hauling out in the middle of the crowds during the day!
 Irma do you know where your kid is?
 Here she is at Eternity Beach
  Who does she think she is Debra Kerr?
 And back to reality .... T15M returns to white plains
 I bet my bottom dollar, Team Billand was thrilled to see him back
 
 I think he returned because he knows he's being taken care of... look at this face!
 Thank you team Billand

No comments: