Saturday, February 25, 2012

2-24-2012 DB's Dailies and More


Despite being on the road at 0615, it would be 0936 before I encountered my first critter. Posse member Kathy called at 0936 to advise that there was an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived for my 2nd look at SC, I found that it was Buster (RV08). He would depart around 1045, and I did not see him again today.

Posse member Gayle called at 1251 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. Nobody but Irma has EVER hauled out to the grotto, until her young daughter arrived there today. She would depart with the rising tide at 1500. 
Gayle , Teri and I relocated to Spitting Cave, and I remained until 1600. At 1746 Teri called to report that she, Gayle, and the Z&P mob were all there looking at Kaiwi at Spitting Cave.

Kaiwi & Buster were my only finds today in the SE quadrant. Since 1-24-12 when Kolohe (RW22) had his fish hook removed at Rabbit Island, I've been awaiting his return. Today marks 1 month since that event, and he has not been report anywhere, nor have I seen him. I'm remaining positive, but stressin' at the same time. Funny you mention Kolohe, I got an email from a north shore reader who looked after him when he was a wee one. Since our boy is growing up and will be four in  few months, maybe he's off sowing his oats off island.  Would absolutely love it if he popped up tomorrow. 
Grandma & Grandpa Billand called at 0917 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) at the east end fence line at White Plains.

At 1019 Dera called with the report of an animal at Secret Beach, and independently, Team Billand called at 1021 to report Pohaku (RO28) at that location.

Buster at Spitting Cave
 Kaiwi at Kokee Flats where no seal but her momma has been 
Interesting she would haul out here.... wonder if there some type of instinct?
 Maybe she's looking for Irma
 Maka'iwi @ White Plains
 She's grown so much since last year
RO28 @ Secret Beach
 shhhh it's a secret.

No comments: