Sunday, February 5, 2012

2-4-2012 DB's Dailies


It was lookin' darned dismal in SE quadrant Monk Seal circles until a call from posse members Zeeny & Patrick (Z&P) at 1322. Rabbit Island had been a bust all day, and despite many a mile traveled, including 2 stops at Lanai Lookout,and 2 Spitting Cave checks, I was batting a giant zero....until 1322 !

Z&P called to advise that they were with Kaiwi (RK96) at the Lanai Lookout Cove !!! When I arrived I went to the same spot I'd done the previous 2 checks from, but this time saw Z&P below me. Sure enough from my vantage point she was invisible. Only when I craned a bit further over the edge, did I see two tiny flippers and tags, further craning, brought the N19 bleach and a transmitter.

All of us in the Kaiwi Krew have been thinking that she had to be hangin' out somewhere in the Bamboo Ridge area, since she has been a no show at Kaiwi Cove for 10 days now, and maps show her remaining in the area. Today, I think that mystery has been solved. I've checking this spot everyday,of late, which is why I'd found Buster yesterday. Today Buster was a no show but Kaiwi was a grrreat find. Giant Kudos for Z&P for going that extra mile in the Kaiwi Kuest !! Ya' Done Good !!!

Team Billand checked in at 0628 to advise that T15M was still at #1708, White Plains. At 0636 they reported Kermit (R012) near lifeguard tower #1 at White Plains (Saturday at White Plains..... where else would he be ? ) . From all reports it sounds like it was the usual ZOO !!!

At 1148 the Billand called to advise that posse member Clay had called them to report Rocky (RH58) at Iroquois Point.

At 1458 the Billands called again, this time with the report of young master Benny (RE74), snoozin' comfortably at the bunkers just west of Wind Sock, at Nimitz Beach.

Missus Whisperer is on the mainland this weekend for her Mom's 95th ! Not to worry fans, posse member Lesley did the Ka'ena Point trek and called at 1222 to report 761 and Kerby (RW08) together, and Ka'ena (RO40) at a separate location at the end of the world . Obrigadao Lesley !!! Check the blog in the morning for Lesley's shots.

 Kaiwi at Lanai Lookout... we found you!
 Wonder if this woman has any idea there is a wild animal lurking behind her!
 okay so not a very scary wild animal 
 Interesting perspective in this shot... she looks so tiny
 OH! they found me... my new hiding place exposed!
good shot of her bleach mark 
 Rocky at Iroquois (thank you Clay)
 Rocky is putting on her momma weight
 

No comments: