Saturday, February 25, 2012

2-25-2012 DB Dailies: Irma@Irma's, Mojo@RI, Kaiwi@KK&SC, Ka'ena@KP, Noa@Maili Pt, 2AW@Elect. Bch


At 0635 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me at Irma's. I cordoned her off, and continued the adventure, checking her periodically. She departed of her own volition at 1335.

At 1000 on my 2nd Rabbit Island check, I found what would prove to be Mojo (RI17), on the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. It would take a while to finally see the natural bleach on the top left side of his head, but persistence paid off, and Mojo it was.

At 1333 I got a call reporting that there had been an incident at the Kokee Flats, between Kaiwi (RK96) and an unleashed dog. The bottom line is that the dog owner was sighted by HPD.

I checked Kokee and China Walls in the aftermath, finding nobody. I then went to Spitting Cave. At 1518 Kaiwi arrived and began routine 5 minute dives. I noted no evidence of wounds, and her behavior was completely normal .

At 0818 Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) fronting #1707, White Plains.

At 0945 posse member Ken Tingman called to report Ka'ena (RO40) at KP. Marilyn also did the Ka'ena Point trek, and also reported Ka'ena at KP, at 1032.

Team Billand called at 1432 with the report of Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point.

At 1502 the Billands called again with the report of 2AW at Electric Beach.

 Irma @ Irmas
 Mojo @ Rabbit Island 
 Kaiwi @ spitting cave after having a close encounter of the canine kind
 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point
 Interesting Day when all the seals go to the beaches with their name sakes.
First Irma... now Ka'ena
 2AW @ Electric Beach
 Kermit @ white plains... ( would have been interesting if he ended up at Kermit's Reef)
 splish splash I was taking a bath
 Noa @ Maili ( c scar )
 What a face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy Kaiwi is ok, those dog attacks are so frightening. We have seen many dogs run after the seals and its not a fun to witness. I sure hope more dog owners would be responsible and tie the critters up. Especially when a seal is around. Poor Kaiwi...glad you seen her and confirmed no contact so far..she is a trooper. Maybe she wont go there any more for a while.