Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2-1-2012 Team Billand and Clay's Day

For any new volunteers reading the blog.... if you have free time and want to help out.... head west. Clearly this is a popular area for these critters. Team Billand put in lots and lots of miles... and looks like we have Clay keeping up. I am sure they can always use a helping hand.... AND this is how you learn to deal with the public, and about these beautiful critters.

N4 Kermit got his number!
 Sharkbite and Kermit hanging out
 Did you say something?
 WELL you don't have to yell I'm right here!
 geesh what a grouch
 I'm not a grouch... I just want to be alone
 Here come's cutie pie M+M
 Okay this looks sooooo wrong. Barb please tell me the little baby in blue isn't sitting inside the SPZ. Perhaps it's the angle but most of them look like they are too close.  This is why volunteer help is always appreciated at White Plains... it's a lot to handle.
 Such a pretty girl
 Benny at Makaha - hmmm got a fish scale stuck between his teeth
 Stretching 
 Is someone here?
 Where are my friends?????

3 comments:

Diga said...

Donna, laughing out loud from the Kermit and Sharkbite interaction.

Donna said...

All I know was Eileen spotted Kekoa at reef runway with a hook.... called it in and a team of folks from the science center were sent out... and Presto they did their magic and Kekoa is hook free!

Another great day when the public is out there watching over the seals!

Barbara said...

I had no idea about the hooking of Kekoa Alii RK72/RK73...Oh my god. I hope he is ok.

Thanks Diga for saying something about this...I never knew NOTHING. I always worried about him...have asked if we can check on him many times.

Good thing Eileen saw Kekoa's hook. I wonder how big a hook it was??? And..is he ok???

Poor kid, first an entanglement with a packing strap around his fat belly and now this hooking. NOT ONE OF OUR SEALS are ever safe from man...never.

Miss you KEkoa Alii....be safe and stay away from HOOKS, dogs, humans, nets, props....I think of you every day......