Saturday, February 4, 2012

2-4-2012 Lesley Makes the Ka'ena Point Trek

Hello all,
I hiked out to Kaena Pt today from the Yokohama side with some friends that have just moved to HI and have already signed up as HMSRTO volunteers. Liat, it will be great to have you on the team
It was an absolutely beautiful day, the sea was a little rough, big waves were rolling in, whales were EVERYWHERE blowing, tail slapping and breaching. Out at the point albatrosses by the dozens, they looked like popcorn, had the pleasure to see my first chick of the season.
I found 761 in her usual place and Kerby not far from her. Some hikers mentioned that they were higher on the beach an hour or so before I arrived. I walked up towards the Northshore side and found Kaena on the side of the big pool on the right side of the runway.
Mrs Whisperer I missed your company !!
To Barbara & Robert: I saw Abraham (one of the lifeguards on our way out and he send you a hello. As I had HMSRTO cards with me I gave them some that their are going to put in the lifegards towers along the West side.
761 - good shot of her scar 
 splish splash
 beautiful shot of albatross chick
 Ka'ena RO40 
 Kerby RW08
 Now this is a silly position
 

No comments: