Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2-22-2012 DB's Dailies:

It was beginning to look like one of "them" days. On the road since 0615 and nothing to show for it. That all changed with a call from fisherman posse member Robert at 1313. "Your seal is back !". I didn't even have to ask where. Robert is a regular at Kaiwi Kove, and I'd seen him there multiple times today. I just happened to be on my way there when he called so to his astonishment I was there 2 minutes after he called. There I found Kaiwi (RK96), snoozin' amongst the water front rocks close to her Naupaka bushes. The Klan was notified, and quickly responded. Kaiwi's last visit to the cove was on 1-24-22.

 At 0918 Team Billand reported Makaiwi (R4DF) at Lagoon #4, KoOlina. She has remained the rest of the day. I know I heard Vera's name associated with that job. Thank you to her and to any other unsung heroes out there.

 At 1417 the Billands reported 2AW at Tracks . Diamond Head posse member , Rachel Franks reported Irma (R010) as of about 0930, near the showers at DH. She cordoned her off, and Irma has remained the rest of the day.

Thank you Zeeny for the great footage
 
Look at how beautiful she looks
I bet everyone was thrilled to see her close up again, instead of off a cliff
Her sat tag is still in tact

No comments: