Friday, February 17, 2012

2-16-2012 DB Dailies


Despite lots of lookin', it would be 1006 before I found my first critter. It would prove to be Buster (RV08) , hiding amongst the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. He would remain the rest of the day.
On a pan at 1203 I found RIP (RR70) newly hauled out, 60 ft left of 1BS on RI. He too would remain the rest of the day.

Donna checked in at 1225 with a report from the James Campbell NWR. She had found La'akea (RK82), and an U/F with red tags. Awaiting photos. Unfortunately, the photos are not very good for identifying the seals... (i didn't have my own camera, as i hang my head down)... beyond not having my camera to photograph the seals... it was an incredible cool place... so beautiful. My guess is the u/f could have been 5AY.... but can't be 100% sure. 

Team Billand called at 1241 with the report of M&M (R020), and RO28 at separate locations at Maili Point.

Dana called at 1315 to advise that RI37 was once again at Laniakea again today. Awaiting photos


 M+M @ Maili
  RO28 @ a different location Maili point 
 RI37 @ Lanikea
 Dawn, Olivia and Brutus
U/F @ James Campbell Wildlife Refuge 
 La'akea about 200 yards down from u/f

No comments: