Tuesday, April 14, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 4/14/2009

Since Irma departed Diamond Head last night around 1800, I was in Irma Quest mode this morning. She never showed up in this neighborhood, and Colleen said Diamond Head was Irma free. Only Irma knows what is next.

There was nobody at Rabbit Island on my first look, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1012, I found what would turn out to be Sadie on the water front rocks at mid, Middle Cliff. She would remain there all day.

At the same moment I saw her, I also spied a swimming head moving to the right. At 1020 RIP hauled out 100 ft right of 3BS. He would cruise there for a bit, but reentered the water at 1125 and swam down to the left end of the beach, where he hauled out again, and spent the rest of the day there.

As I was watching RIP haul out, I noticed that telltale belly up in the grass, 60 ft right of 3BS. It would turn out to be Kolohe. He would move down to cool off at midday, and remained near the water front rocks the rest of the day.

Team Billand had a busy day reporting 2AW at Makaha, Benny at Yokohama Beach, Kermit at Nimitz Beach, and M&M at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

I saved the best for last. The Billands also reported KERBY !! at Maili Point !!! This is the first sighting of the kid since he departed Rabbit Island on 4-1-09. He'd had his fish hook removed on 3-30-09, and then hung around for a couple of days, then disappeared until today. Aloha, DB










2AW
Benny
Kerby
M&M

No comments: