Thursday, April 30, 2009

DB Post Thursday 4/30/2009

The Kermit Quest nightmare continues, and at the end of day, despite lots of volunteer and professional manpower, the story ends the same way, with no capture of Kermit.

On my first pass from White Plains to Nimitz jetty beginning at 0609, I found nothing.

A call from Thea at 0645 reported an animal in Ewa Beach, so I went over there, and found a male, 4DJ. I got him taped off, and continued on the check the other EB spots. A call at 0830 advised of a logging animal showing Kermit behavior at WP. When I got back I join the other volunteers 2 -3 hundred yards east of the east perimeter fence of White Plains. Through the rest of the day we watched Kermit slowly move toward the west, last being seen fronting cottage #1775. He moved outward and was not seen again despite lots of time by volunteer and pro looking for him.

At 1136 it became apparent that there were now two animals in the neighborhood. The animal I thought was Kermit, moved to Kalaeloa Campgrounds and at 1210 hauled out at "Al's Bench" The capture team began to move in and it was only near the last moment that I got their attention to advise that it was Irma !

There were no further sightings of Kermit from White Plains to Campbell Industrial Park.

On a much happier note I recieved word today that Rocky's pup was weaned on Kauai, 4-28-09. It will be interesting to see when and where Rocky pops up. Aloha, DB
4DJ
IrmaKermit
Kermit

No comments: