Wednesday, April 8, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 4/8/2009

My first critter of the day was Buster doing 7 to 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave at 0736.

There had been nobody at Rabbit Island on my first pass, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 0945 I found RIP cruisin' at the left end of the beach, and a small one up in the Morning Glory in front of the 3rd Blue Sign (3BS). I was hopin' for Kerby, but alas, it turned out to be Sadie. Since it was yet another cool, windy day, but animals just laid there all day.

Team Billand is back from Vegas and reported R018 at Tracks, Benny at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park, and Kermit at Nimitz Beach.

I do not usually usurp the right to name pups born off Oahu, but in Rocky's case I must make an exception. I'd been told that the Kauai folks, good hearts though they may be, had been (hopefully, jokingly) referring to the pup as Bullwinkle. First of all, no daughter of mine will be named Bullwinkle (a son.......... sure , but not a girl). The other problem is that they are not familiar with the orgins of the name Rocky. She is NOT the boxer, she is NOT the squirrel, she IS the Raccoon, for you non-Whippersnappers who have a clue what I'm talkin' about, from the Beatles song. Therefore, I claim "Whisperer Rights", and have decided.

Let's all hum along together boyz and girlz... You do remember the Beatles...........right ?
"Her name was McGill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy". I'm goin' with Lil !!! (Huge Thank You's to my pal Betty Heins for the lyrics) Aloha, DB

Benny
Ro18
Kermit
RIP
Sadie

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lil is perfect, DB! But I'm biased. My son, had he been a girl, would've been named Penny after Penny Lane.