Tuesday, April 7, 2009

DB Post Monday 4/6/2009 PART II

Since my first two passes through the SE quadrant were a total bust, and knowing that with the Irma sighting at Diamond Head the other day, and no sightings yesterday, or this morning, I decided to make a SW Quadrant run (my Monachus Gene made me do it). I began the hunt at Campbell Industrial Park and worked my way east. I was battin' zero after all the usual checks, until I came out of the #187A, access at Oneula Place in Ewa Beach, and lo and behold, just like I had the vaguest clue what I was doing, therrrrrrrrrre was Irma just hauling out 100 ft to my left ! I can't explain it........ it just happens ! Amazing !!

The rest of the Ewa Beach check was unproductive. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1343, I found RIP at the left end of the beach, and Kolohe at the right end, fronting the 3rd Blue Sign (3BS). Kolohe's dorsal epoxy, right side natural bleach, and his newly acquired "X" bleach were clearly visible.

At 1412, Buster hauled out to join RIP to the left of 1BS. There was some initial interaction but things quieted down quickly. All three were still there when I departed the pier, at 1500.
IRMA
KOLOHE
RIP & BUSTER
RIP & BUSTER

No comments: